Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Collared Sparrowhawk in dense bush

 

 collared-sparrowhawak-in-bu

Amazed to encounter a young collared sparrowhawk this morning in dense bush on the ground near my end of FOM.  I was only a few metres away. It immediately flew to a few other perches on its way out of the bush giving me a chance to get a blurry photo.  I was so surprised to see it in such a place.

Two brown goshawks flying around FOM this morning.

Rose Robin up my end of FOM with a feeding group incl.  variegated fairy wrens – the blue of the male so bright – brighter than the superb I think, grey fantails, brown thornbills, white-browed scrub wrens.

Adult Golden Whistler and calling young one following it around Sugarloaf Point.  The young one was also catching insects itself I noticed.

IMG_0404

Crimson Rozella nest hole.

No comments: