Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Walking notes Sunday 10 January 2010

7.00am
Quiet generally - I don't think I heard any currawongs at all!!! and few lorikeets and generally the bush felt very quiet and still.
I watched quite a few pardalottes around in various parts of the walk.
Noteable were a group of five yes five channel-billed cuckoos flying around calling loudly
Watched Eastern spinebill take a bath in the rock waterhole - great to see water there again after a long dry spell.
Young dusky moorhens with parents foraging.
Dollarbird
Sacred Kingfisher calling near nest area my end.
Otherwise usual things - heard whipbd; saw silvereyes in usual place.
Did listen and watch brown thornbills calling with a different call to my usual call I hear rather like white browed scrubwren calling

No comments: